Hello and Happy Wednesday my Friends! It is time for another La-La’s Weekly Challenge! It is my turn to be a host and I am pretty excited about this.
Today is also St.Patrick’s day, so to all who follow this holiday big congratulations from me. Since Irish holiday has an association of green to me, I decided to go with the Green challenge, but not a color challenge – RECYCLE IT challenge. What can use as a recycle item you will ask… And here are some ideas for you:
– cereal box can be a chipboard or even as a Kraft card stock;
– old non-expensive ear ring can be a charm;
– use a newspaper, wrapping paper or wall paper as a DP;
– buttons from your old shirt;
– acetate from packing…
For my card I used a two recycled items:
– box from crackers (reverse side);
– twine from parcel (got a parcel from Russia which was tied with this twine)
To create this little scene I inked up Pirate Lala from La-La Land Crafts which is on special sale this week – 20% off! Isn’t she is adorable! Each little girl has her dreams, Lala dreams of ships and adventures. Of course she will not be a Pirate when she will grow up, but she will treasure her memories. One day these little thighs will be big just because it was part of her life, her childhood.
To make a little sitting place for Lala I created Carrick Bend knot. I followed tutorial from this site. It was pretty cool to try tying a real nautical knot.
I also used on of the faux wood-grain technique while making a wood board out of crackers’ box. And last but not least, I was so “brave” to burn the DP for creating an aged look to the designer paper.
Hope that you will join us for this challenge too! Here are the rules of the challenge:
– participants will be required to use LLLC stamps;
– the stamp used by the host of the challenge will be on the special for the week of the challenge at 20% off. This week is Pirate Lala.
– the winner of the challenge will receive a $10 credit to LLLC store.(*digital stamps are exclude)
If you don’t have rubber stamps from LLLC store, you can always use digital! And did you know that by purchasing them you will get two images of the same digi stamp – one of the outline and one of the colored image.
Before you start saving the world by recycling, please stop at LLLC blog, you don’t want to miss our DT and Guest DT projects! They always do such an amazing job!
Thank you so MUCH for stopping by and I will meet you later this week! Enjoy your day,
Supplies: card stock, cracker box, twine from parcel, self-adhesive pearls (black), Pirate Lala from La-La Land Crafts, sentiment from Little Paper Shop, DP, vintage distress ink, Memento black ink, Prisma colored pencils, OMS, CB embossing folder